Cat5e Plenum Cables: Types, Uses, and Specifications
Category Cat5 Plenum Cables, also called as Enhanced Category 5 Bulk Plenum Copper. Cat5e is meant to reduce crosstalk, which means less disturbance, and less obstruction implies a lower risk of transmitting errors. It’s utilized for 1000BASE-T and can support 1000 Mbps at 100 MHz.
Cat5e Plenum has a maximum operating frequency of 250 MHz and a maximum data rate of 1GB. Cat5e is a twisted pair ethernet cable that uses copper wire.
Even though Category 5e cable can reach speeds of up to 1 Gbps. It meets all specifications and is enough for most uses which do not require long distances or high bandwidth.
Different Types of Cat5e Cables
There are several various Category 5e cables available; we’ll go over the most common ones.
Plenum Cat5e Cable:
Cat5e plenum cable with a plenum rating is made up of four twisted pairs. (8 wires total) of 24AWG stranded copper wire with a plastic insulation layer. It’s the sort of cable found with most residential and industrial networked computers. It has good transmitting capabilities, but the sheath can’t be recycled for safety or other considerations. The maximum length of Cat5e plenum cable that can be used is 328 feet (100m).
Cat5e PVC Cable:
PVC stands for Polyvinyl Chloride, and it is the material that has been used to coat all wires inside it to secure them. These cables can be as long as 328 feet, but their effectiveness begins to decrease beyond 100 meters.
Outdoor Cat5e Cable:
A Category5e cable is indeed very similar to plenum-rated Category5e cables. But it could be used for locations where moisture could create a short circuit. Outdoor-rated Category5e cables are limited to 100 meters in length.
Cat 5e plenum cable for commercial uses.
- Cat5e Plenum Unshielded UTP Cables has the feature of thick sheathing, they have shown to be one of the best when it comes to fighting crosstalk.
- They can transfer data at 350 MHz, making them ideal for enterprises looking to run large networks with the fastest possible speeds and little crosstalk.
- They are ideal for commercial environments since they can easily operate with older devices, preventing data loss.
- They’re suitable for long distances and have RJ-45 connectors, so they’re quite easy to use.
- They can also survive extreme temperatures and weather.
- The jackets of Cat5e Plenum cables were constructed of low-smoke-producing PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride), that reduces fire spread.
- These cables are utilized in the plenum spaces of buildings, they are specifically designed to prevent serious fire threats, particularly at the commercial level.
Cat5e Cables Types:
The cheapest type of cable is unshielded twisted pair cable. It is made up of eight wires wrapped in a single sheath or jacket.
Coaxial cable is made up of two conductors (wires), one of which transmits the signal and the other which serves as a ground.
Coaxial Cable, unlike UTP or STP, employs a single central wire to deliver the signal.
For any type of company to grow, the ability to transfer data quickly is critical. Cat5e plenum cables, on the other hand, have proven. To be the best choice for commercial use since they are built to be high-quality cables with low crosstalk.
For high-end applications such as Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet, Cat5e plenum cable is suggested and demonstrating that they are high-quality cables with excellent performance.
Sign up to Newsletter
...and receive Latest Updates From Our Blog