How to terminate Toolless Keystone Jack
Ethernet cables, such as Cat5e, Cat6 and Cat 6a, are typically used to transfer devices on networks, such as computers, routers, and switches. Keystone jacks, which connect a device to a network interface, play a very important role in the majority of successful Ethernet cable connections. This article will go over the fundamentals and advantages of using a toolless keystone jack. In a nutshell, toolless keystone jacks are a great way to terminate and connect network cables.
Toolless Keystone Jack Overview:
A connector for attaching a variety of low-voltage electrical jacks or optical connections into a keystone wall plate or patch panel is known as a keystone jack. A keystone plug is a male connector that is commonly found at the termination of a cable or cord.
When the snap-fit cap is forced into position, conductors can be terminated together, providing for a simple installation without the need of a punch down tool. The RJ45 (8P8C) toolless keystone connector is still the most popular.
Toolless keystone jacks are available in both shielded and unshielded versions. The cords you’re connecting should determine which keystone jack you use. This keystone jack is a great option if you don’t want to invest on a punch down tool for a one-time installation.
Steps to Terminate Cat6 Cable with Toolless Keystone Jack:
- Toolless keystone jacks are not appropriate in many situations. It should be determined by the circumstances. The following is a step-by-step installation guide for toolless keystone jack termination.
- Use a crimping tool to trim the Cat6 cable’s end. Strip the jacket off to reveal about an inch of wires.
- This step is identical to how RJ45 connectors are terminated.
- To prepare for the next stage, untwist and flatten wires as much as possible.
- Simply remove the top cap and connect the wires to the jack using the color marking on the outside.
- Snap the top cap on the plug to secure it. You can ensure a good termination by inserting two pairs of wires at a time, then repeating the process until all wires are properly positioned.
- Using a crimping tool, carefully snip off the wire ends. Also, inspect the keystone jack to ensure that the wires are properly terminated.
The toolless keystone jack makes terminating and installing Ethernet cables a simple. Time and money can be saved because to its unique design. They’re highly versatile and may be quickly mounted into a wall plate, making them one of the most frequent and valuable data center and networking components. From one manufacturer to the next, not every keystone jack is the same. So, this is how to terminate toolless keystone jack.
Sign up to Newsletter
...and receive Latest Updates From Our Blog